Why not give a little bit of an edge to your closet by incorporating a little bit of punk into your wardrobe? It’s a great trend with celebrities all over the world. It’s very easy to do… just follow the following guidelines:
- Incorporate neon colors alongside a black background.
- Add tights in every color and style, the edgier the better. Do it like Taylor Momsen does it, playing punk princess on gossip girl.
- Skinny jeans are the way to go. Forget about flared jeans and pants since we want to move away from the hippie style.
- Graphic t-shirts with strong messages help create the punk attitude look.
- Accessories with a strong personality make the difference between a regular outfit and a punk princess one. Add some toughness to your look with items like gloves with a skull print, scarves, converse shoes and rubber and leather bracelets.
- It’s fun to wear a commonly girlie item which has gotten the punk princess treatment. cardigans, veil skits, lace socks are good examples.
- Use accessories or clothes with the UK flag. England is always the best representation of the punk movement.
- Wear sweet and sour make up using strong eyeliner and soft colored lips.
- Don’t forget about your hair, since it will seal the whole look. You don’t want it to be too well done. Wear shaggy bang or if you dare, get a mohawk!
And remember, being a punk princess is all about attitude, not amount of make-up, gel, leather, or skulls will look trendy punk, if you don’t have the attitude to go with it. Be confident, and remember, this look is all about individuality.